By virtue of the wise vision of H.E. Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, the Emir of Qatar, the state of Qatar has applied an active strategy to maximize the benefits of its vast natural resources and diversify its participation in related industries. As one of the world’s leading Oil & Gas producers, Qatar Petroleum has assumed a pioneering role in this initiative recognizing the importance of developing energy services capability within the State of Qatar.
With the full support of the Minister of Energy and Industry, Chairman and MD of QP, Al-Shaheen Holding (formerly Al-Shaheen Energy Services Company) was established as a 100% owned subsidiary of QP in 2006 to develop as a leading national energy services provider by establishing or acquiring companies, either wholly owned or joint venture partnerships with the worlds leading energy services providers.
Al-Shaheen Holding’s portfolio companies:
- Al-Shaheen Weatherford, 50/50 JV with Weatherford ME
- Pii Pipeline Solutions, 50/50 JV with GE Oil & Gas
- Al-Shaheen GE Services, 50/50 JV with GE Oil & Gas
Our portfolio companies operate in the following sectors:
- Oil & Gas services
- Pipeline Integrity Solutions
- Assembly of heavy equipment for oil & gas plants
- Mechanical construction
- Plant and oil & gas heavy equipment maintenance